Golden Globes 2013 Red Carpet Beauty - Claire Danes9:25 AM
Last night at the Golden Globes, all of Hollywood was a buzz with fashion and beauty. After recently having a baby, Claire Danes stole the show in a gorgeous red Versace gown with a plunging neckline. Her makeup was flawless with a smokey eye and nude lip. Here's all the scoop from the Global Artistry Director for Laura Mercier, Matin Maulawizada:
EYES: Maulawizada determined that a sultry, smoky eye would perfectly complement the star’s glamorous, red Versace dress. “I decided to go with a smoky eye and not a red lip since the dress was so red,” stated Maulawizada.
• Maulawizada accomplished this by applying Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner in Black ($22) on Danes’ top lids and under her eyes “to create depth and shape.”
• Next he applied Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony ($22) with Laura Mercier Flat Eye Liner Brush ($25) to “deepen the lash line.” He then rimmed the inside of the eyes using Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Gold ($20) to “intensify the depth and to create a contrast with Claire’s blue eyes.”
• Maulawizada added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara ($24) to Claire’s upper lashes.
LIPS: Maulawizada used neutral colours to “contour the lips” and make them appear “pouty, à la an early ‘90s supermodel pout.”
• He first defined the lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Hazelnut ($20).
• Then he contoured and shaded in the lips with Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Praline ($20).
• Lastly he applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Angelic ($26) to make the colour a “bit more beige and quiet.”
FLAWLESS FACE: Maulawizada determined that “glowy, warm skin” would be the perfect canvas for Danes’ sultry makeup look.
• First, he applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact SPF 20 in Almond ($45) to warm up Claire’s skin tone.
• Next he sparingly used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage #3 ($30) to “cover up little imperfections and darkness under the eyes, which she really doesn’t have.”
• On her cheeks, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze ($24) followed by Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Palette ($48) to “highlight, bronze and make her even more glowy.”
• Lastly he used a combination of Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($35) and Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder ($22) to set Claire’s makeup and concealer.
• To ensure Danes glowed from head to toe, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder in Candlelight ($32) over Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum ($80) on Claire’s shoulders and arms.
For more information or to purchase and recreate this look, go to: www.lauramercier.com
Stay tuned for more looks my beauties!!! Xoxo